Monument Advocacy is looking for operations fellows for the summer.
Monument Advocacy works with a wide range of clients, such as Fortune 100 corporations, trade associations, and startup companies to help them engage effectively in today’s public policy environment. Monument advises clients on a variety of issue areas including: homeland security, immigration and travel, technology and telecommunications, international trade, tax, energy, and healthcare.
Fellows will have the opportunity to see the inner workings of how a top-tier D.C. government relations and public affairs firm operates. Current undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply to this position.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with administrative tasks and office upkeep:
- Track inventory of pantry, supply closet and IT equipment.
- Support maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies and errands needs.
- Provide general support for office visitors.
- Assist Operations Manager and COO with firm optimization projects:
- Conducting market basket research.
- Preparing reports for firm leadership.
- Support in-person and virtual firm events:
- Firm happy hours (Fellow must be 21 to join as attendee), political fundraisers and more.
- Coordinate staff trainings and activities to ensure maximum efficiency.
“My time with Monument gave me fantastic insight on the ever-evolving relationship between government and the private sector. Fellows have the chance to contribute to projects in their fields of interest, all while collaborating with and learning from supportive colleagues from so many accomplished backgrounds. It’s a fast-paced environment that taught me how government affairs can progress forward in innovative and exciting ways, and Monument is leading the pack.”
“My Monument Advocacy fellowship kick-started my career. Not only did their team teach me the technical aspects of lobbying, politics, and business – they made it fun along the way! I would recommend spending a summer or semester at Monument to anyone.”
“Being a fellow at Monument is an incredibly rewarding experience! Not only was able to get a lot of hands-on experience through exciting, challenging projects, but I felt like I made meaningful contributions through my work. Monument is full of intelligent, policy-savvy people who are invested in their work and care a lot about the fellows.”
Applications for the fellowship are open until Friday, August 5th but candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
This is a paid ($16.10/hour) full-time (40 hours/week) fellowship in person based out of our Washington, DC office. For consideration, please send a resume to email@example.com.