Monument Advocacy is looking for a full- or part-time marketing and business development intern for the summer 2024 semester.
Monument Advocacy works with a wide range of clients, such as Fortune 100 corporations, trade associations, and startup companies to help them engage effectively in today’s public policy environment.
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
Our internship program offers interns exposure to the inner workings of how a top-tier D.C. government relations and public affairs firm operates. Interns partake in professional development through networking coffees and meetings with leaders and associates across all levels.
Current undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply for this position.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating content for and managing social media platforms including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Developing social media campaigns
- Conduct market research
- Utilize the Firm’s CRM to enter data, analyze trends and make recommendations to the Marketing and Business Development team
- Create ad-hoc reports
- Identify stalled or slow-moving prospects
- Forecast future revenue based on client prospects
- Assist with copy-editing and quality control of all internal and external content
- Perform audits of the Firm’s social media channels, website, collateral and more
- Track firm and employee mentions DC publications
- Track op-ed placements
- Other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- Current undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, or Digital Marketing
- Experience with Salesforce
- Familiarity with Canva or other graphic design platforms
- Experience with Sprout Social or other social media management tools
- Strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31 to be considered for the summer session.
“My time with Monument gave me fantastic insight on the ever-evolving relationship between government and the private sector. Fellows have the chance to contribute to projects in their fields of interest, all while collaborating with and learning from supportive colleagues from so many accomplished backgrounds. It’s a fast-paced environment that taught me how government affairs can progress forward in innovative and exciting ways, and Monument is leading the pack.”
“My Monument Advocacy fellowship kick-started my career. Not only did their team teach me the technical aspects of lobbying, politics, and business – they made it fun along the way! I would recommend spending a summer or semester at Monument to anyone.”
“Being a fellow at Monument is an incredibly rewarding experience! Not only was able to get a lot of hands-on experience through exciting, challenging projects, but I felt like I made meaningful contributions through my work. Monument is full of intelligent, policy-savvy people who are invested in their work and care a lot about the fellows.”