Monument Advocacy is looking for digital fellows for the spring semester.
Monument Advocacy works with a wide range of clients, such as Fortune 100 corporations, trade associations, and startup companies to help them engage effectively in today’s public policy environment. Monument advises clients on a variety of issue areas including homeland security, immigration and travel, technology and telecommunications, international trade, tax, energy, and healthcare.
Fellows will have significant opportunities to witness client issue management first-hand and gain strategic communications and public affairs experience. Rising seniors and graduates with concentrations in political communications, public policy, government and political science, and journalism will be prioritized.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day social media content creation and platform management.
- Graphic design work that would assist Monument in creating digital content.
Skills we are interested in for this fellowship:
- Currently working on or recently completed a college degree in political communications with a digital focus
- Knowledge of, and interest in digital communications platforms and strategy
- Experience in using graphic design and video editing platforms including, but not limited to, Adobe software and Canva
- Public policy research and analysis
- Discretion and the ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment as our clients’ needs dictate
“My time with Monument gave me fantastic insight on the ever-evolving relationship between government and the private sector. Fellows have the chance to contribute to projects in their fields of interest, all while collaborating with and learning from supportive colleagues from so many accomplished backgrounds. It’s a fast-paced environment that taught me how government affairs can progress forward in innovative and exciting ways, and Monument is leading the pack.”
“My Monument Advocacy fellowship kick-started my career. Not only did their team teach me the technical aspects of lobbying, politics, and business – they made it fun along the way! I would recommend spending a summer or semester at Monument to anyone.”
“Being a fellow at Monument is an incredibly rewarding experience! Not only was able to get a lot of hands-on experience through exciting, challenging projects, but I felt like I made meaningful contributions through my work. Monument is full of intelligent, policy-savvy people who are invested in their work and care a lot about the fellows.”
This is a paid fellowship, and will be virtual or in person in Washington DC following COVID-19 protocol.
For consideration, please send a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, and design/digital content samples to email@example.com